- 510/eGo adapter: An adaptor that you screw in, in order to convert the threading from 510 to eGo.
- 510 Thread: Threading which is positioned at the top of the mod or battery into which the tank is inserted.
- 510 Drip Tip: A mouthpiece that is used in conjunction with a 510 tank.
- 810 Drip Tip: A mouthpiece that is used in conjunction with a 810 tank
- 18350 Battery: A battery with a capacity of up to 800 mAh that is used in conjunction with 18350 mods.
- 18490/18500 Battery: A battery with a size of up to 1300mAh is compatible with mods that require an 18500 battery.
- 20700 Battery: Larger than an 18650. It has double the capacity in terms of mAh. Typically seen in mods which use 20700 batteries.
- 26650 Battery: A battery designed for use with mods that use 26650 batteries.
- Airflow Control (AFC): AFC-enabled devices allow the user to control the amount of air they receive during vaping; the less air they receive, the “tighter” the draw (inhale)
- Atomizer: The element of an e-cigarette that warms up. Wicking material, usually natural Japanese cotton, will be laced through it.
- Atomizer Head: Inside an atomizer, this is where the coil and wick are located.
- All Day Vape (ADV): An e-liquid that you can vape all day without changing flavours.
- Amperage (Amps): Measurement of electrical current
- Automatic: An e-cigarette that does not have a power button.
- Analogue Cigarettes: Traditional cigarettes
- Battery: This is where the electricity for your device will come from so that it can power on for use.
- Bottom coil clearomizer (BCC): Clearomizer with a single coil at the bottom (base)
- Bottom vertical coil clearomizer (BVC): A clearomizer in which the coils are mounted vertically rather than horizontally.
- Box Mod: Depending on the design, a box-shaped device typically requires four batteries. Box mods can be mechanical (for use with an RDA) or variable wattage, allowing the vaper to alter the device's power.
- Building: Manufacturing and wicking coils for an RTA or RDTA
- Build Deck: This is the deck where you make coils. In a rebuildable tank or RDA, it is located beneath the cap.
- Bottom Dual Coil Clearomizer (BDC): A dual coil bottom coil clearomizer. A BDC produces larger clouds and a harder throat hit than a single coil clearomizer, but it has a shorter battery life.
- Bottom Feeder: This is simply another name for clearomizers with the atomiser found at the base of the coil.
- Clearomiser: A pen-style tank with a capacity ranging from 0.5ml to 1.8ml. Plastic is used in the construction of this item.
- Clone: A clone is a fraudulent replica of a product created with inferior materials; also, clones are not subjected to the same testing as genuine products, putting you at risk if you use one.
- Cloud Chaser: A vaper who wishes to generate a significant volume of clouds
- Clouds: When a vaper uses their device, this is what comes out of their mouth; the actual name for it is vapour.
- Coil: The heat source contained within a tank, clearomizer, or RDA.
- Competition Cap: A case designed for an RDA to improve performance by allowing additional air to enter the coils.
- Connection Pin: A safety feature found on several mods that automatically switches off the power after 10 seconds of continuous fire.
- Chain Vaping: When you vape in a regular sequence, the same principal as chain smoking.
- Cigalike: A vape that resembles a cigarette
- CASAA: Association for Consumer Advocacy for Smoke-Free Alternatives. A non-profit institution that supports vapers.
- Direct Lung Inhale: Sub-ohm devices are the best at DTL style inhaling, this is when you send vapour directly to your lungs by breathing in the vapours directly without pausing in your mouth.
- Dripper: An RDA's nickname
- Drip Tip: The vape's mouthpiece. It is available in a variety of styles.
- Dry Burn: This is when you heat your coil to burn off extra juice; be cautious with this technique since if you do it for too long, you will burn out your coil.
- Dry Hit: When you take a hit of a vape with a burnt coil, you will immediately taste it, which is an indication that you need to replace the coil as soon as possible.
- Disposable E-Cigarette: An e-cigarette that is encased in one piece so there’s no need for maintenance, refilling or charging. When it’s used up the user just throws it away
- Dripping: This is when you drip juice onto your coil before using it; this method produces incredible flavour when compared to a normal vape.
- E-Cig: Snappier term for e-cigarette
- E-Juice: A alternative, yet still applicable, word for e-liquid.
- eGo Battery: A 4.2V battery in the shape of a pen.
- Electronic Cigarette: Another term for a vape, also known as an e-cigarette.
- External Battery: Devices using external batteries can switch out batteries when they run out, eliminating the need to wait for charging.
- External Charging: Using a separate charger to charge the battery
- ECITA: The Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association is a trade organisation for the electronic cigarette industry. Represents the e-cigarette industry in the United Kingdom. Members pay a monthly fee, must follow a tight set of rules, and are subject to comprehensive audits twice a year.
- Electronic Cigar: An electronic cigarette that resembles a cigar.
- Electronic Cigarette Starter Kits: Batteries, atomizers, chargers, documentation, and cartridges are typically included in beginner kits.
- E-Smoking: Another name for vaping
- Flavour Chasing: Someone who prioritises flavour over clouds; they want the best tasting vape possible and are willing to sacrifice clouds to get it.
- Flooding: Excessive e-liquid in the coil causes leaks and a dreadful gurgling noise.
- Filler Material: Material included in e-cigarette cartridges that absorbs e-liquid
- Grub Screws: Screws used in the posts of an RBA keep the coil firmly in position.
- Gurgling: When the coil is swamped with far too much e-liquid, you will hear your device gurgling; it is a very unique sound.
- Hot Spot: If you don't rebuild a coil properly, it can heat up erroneously, resulting in one of the wraps heating up quicker than the others. As a result, the cotton burns and, in some cases, snaps or melts.
- Inhale: The action of inhaling vapours while using your device
- Internal Battery: A device with an integrated battery that cannot be disconnected; such devices must be charged using a cable.
- Juice: Another term for e-liquid
- Kanthal: Rebuildable coils are made using this material.
- Leaking: This is when liquid comes out of somewhere it isn't meant to, similar to a leak in your kitchen's plumbing; in vaping terms, this liquid is your e-juice.
- Liquid: Alternative synonym for e-liquid.
- Low Resistance: Any device with a resistance less than 0.20ohms is considered low resistance.
- LED: LEDs are utilised on many vapes; they are basically lights that provide information to the user; for example, when you vape a disposable, it will light up at the base.
- mAh: A battery's capacity is measured in milliamps per hour.
- Menthol: An alternative term for mint in an e-liquid
- MG: Milligrams is a short form of milligrammes, this is used to measure the amount of nicotine.
- Micro USB: Most gadgets have a charging connector, although Micro USB is being phased out in favour of the newer USB-C standard.
- Mint: Mint is another name for menthol in e-juice.
- Mod: The mod is the primary body of your vape; within a mod are your batteries, and on the face of a mod, depending on the device, is a touch screen that you can use to modify wattage, temperature control, and so on.
- Modders: People who construct their own mods; the more seasoned the vaper, the more likely it is that they're own constructed mods are of high quality.
- Mouthpiece: An alternate term for a drip tip
- MTL: MTL stands for mouth to lung. Unlike DTL (direct to lung), which takes the vapour directly into your lungs, MTL takes it into your mouth initially and then into your lungs.
- Ni80 Coil: A coil constructed from nickel wire
- Ni200 Wire: A nickel wire coil that is utilised in temperature sensing mods.
- Nic Shot: A small bottle of pure nicotine which you can add to short fills to give them nicotine
- Nicotine Booster: A tiny bottle of just nicotine, typically added to short fills to give them nicotine
- Nicotine: This chemical, known as "Nic," is found in cigarettes and some e-juice. Nicotine levels in e-juice range from 0.2 percent to 2.0 percent.
- O-Ring: A rubber seal, often situated at the bottom of a tank, prevents leaks.
- Ohm: This is a measurement of a coil's resistance.
- Organic Cotton: Since it is highly absorbent, it is used as a wicking material inside most coils.
- Parallel Box Mod: This is a device that has multiple batteries. Parallel Box Mods have better battery life, but the power does not improve.
- Pass Through: A device that can be used while it is plugged into a charger.
- Pen Style: A device vape around the size of a pen in length and breadth
- PG: Propylene Glycol. PG is a flavouring agent found in e-liquid.
- Positive and Negative Posts: It is found in an RBA and is where the coil's legs are placed.
- Priming: This is when you add a few drops of e-liquid to the cotton of your coil to ensure it is adequately saturated and you don't get a dry hit.
- Protected Battery: A battery with a security chip They have a raised top and are incompatible with variable wattage devices.
- Pull: When you use your vape, you take a pull, which is another phrase for vaping.
- Primer Puff: When you take a small drag on your vape to activate the coil. Unless you haven't used your device in a long, this is usually not essential.
- RBA: Rebuildable atomiser base for tanks with standard coils
- RDA: Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser
- RDTA: Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomiser
- RTA: Rebuildable Tank Atomiser
- Rebuildable tank: A tank that uses user crafted coils
- Resistance: The coil's resistance (measured in Ohms). Lower resistance equals more clouds and heat.
- Series Box Mod: A mod that makes use of more than one battery. A series box mod is the inverse of a parallel box mod in that it increases power but not battery life.
- Squonking: Using a device with a bottom-fed RDA: The mod contains a tube that allows liquid to move up to it when the bottle inside is softly squeezed (or squonked).
- Stacking batteries: A highly unsafe method of increasing the power of a device by utilising more than one battery — please don't do this, it's absolutely not worth the risk.
- Starter kit: They are fairly simple devices that are best suited for MTL inhalation and are designed for beginning vapers.
- Stealth vaping: Devices that may be readily concealed in the hand and emit little, if any, vapour.
- Steel mesh: Another type of wicking material used in some types of RDAs
- Steeping: When an e-liquid is first created, the flavour may be adequate but not spectacular; steeping occurs when the manufacturer allows the bottle to sit for a period of time, allowing the flavours to merge together, resulting in a better taste.
- SS316L: Stainless steel wire for making coils
- Sub-Ohm: A coil that has an electrical resistance of 0.99 or less.
- Sweet Spot: In vaping terms, finding your sweet spot is when you find the ideal wattage and/or temperature setting for you. Manufacturers will always give a wattage suggestion for their coils, for example, VooPoo's PnP-VM6 coil is optimal between 60W-80W.
- Smoke juice: Another term for e-liquid (rarely used though)
- Tank: This is where you will store your e-liquid, as well as where your coil is located.
- Temp Control (TC): A temperature control mod allows you to alter the temperature of your vape, which will then automatically modify the power that flows to your coil, keeping your coil and vape at the chosen temperature. Only nickel, titanium, NiChrome, or stainless steel coils can be used for TC.
- Throat Hit: The sensation in the back of your throat caused by vaping or smoking. Higher PG e-liquids have a more apparent throat hit. Nic shots can also have an effect on throat hits; an e-liquid containing nicotine will have a stronger hit than an e-liquid with no nicotine.
- Ti Coil: A coil composed of titanium wire
- Tricks: Tricks in the vaping industry are when you exhale with flair; a simple trick is blowing rings, while a more complex trick is the helix tornado.
- Unicorn Bottle: A bottle with a needle lid used to store e-juice.
- Unprotected Battery: A battery that does not have any built-in protection. Unprotected batteries pose no danger because the mods that use them have internal power protection.
- Unregulated Mod: A mod with no wattage control will draw the maximum amount of power from the batteries. Unregulated mods are intended to be used in conjunction with rebuildable tanks and dripping atomizers.
- Vape Band: A rubber ring that wraps around your tank's glass tube to keep it from cracking if it is dropped.
- Vape Juice: A different term for e-liquid.
- Vaper: An individual who uses an e-cigarette
- Vaper’s Tongue: Vaper's Tongue is a condition that develops when you use a particular flavour for an extended period of time, resulting in you not being able to taste it at all. The remedy is to switch out flavours and vape it for a week or two, and then switch back to your beloved, and you should be able to taste it.
- Vaping: A phrase for operating your vape.
- Vapour: This is the official name for the "clouds" that appear when someone vapes.
- Vent Holes: These are common on most mods and are added to allow the battery to vent, which is when gases are expelled; this is an important function.
- Venting Battery: When the battery is not utilised properly, it might damage your device and cause you harm.
- VG: Vegetable Glycerine. An essential component in the production of e-liquid, the greater the VG, the more clouds you can make with that liquid
- Voltage Drop: This occurs when you lose power owing to an issue with your device's chip, materials, or loose posts.
- Volts: A measurement of your battery's power.
- VW: Variable Wattage
- Wire: Used in the fabrication of coils for the heating element.
- Wicking: Material used to absorb up your juice before transferring it to the coil for vaporisation. Cotton is commonly used to make wicking material.
- Wrap: The outer skin that surrounds a battery or mod protects it from wear and tear.
- Zero Nic: E-liquid containing exactly 0% nicotine